Monday, April 20, 2009

Disrespectful of the dead.

I think I've been having some weird habits recently. I've been inducing cough to get a kick out of it, and I stop when I have the urge to vomit. Oh my, is that a different form of anorexic?


Anyway, two weeks ago I went to the cemetery for Tomb Sweeping Day, whereby we offer food offerings for our ancestors. 




It was rather warm but peaceful. I don't know if it's a tradition to ask lottery numbers from ancestors, but I really abhors it. The worst ones come from funerals where these people hope to get lucky numbers from the dead.

Heck, there are even those who can obtain numbers from accidental deaths reported in the newspapers. I despise people like that, and they don't deserve any of my respect.

They are just like vultures, feeding off peoples' misery and anguish. How disrespectful can that be? If you were the one lying in the coffin, won't you feel sad that people are seeking fortunes off your death and not mourning for you?

No comments: