Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's a unforgettable day. Let's not talk about what happened in school. Let's talk about what happen AFTER school. The Vice-Principal summoned both 4N1 and 4N2 to the hall to talk to us. He talked about the mentality that we guys have, stressing the importance of urgency once again, and compared 'N' level with kindergarten certificates. Saying that foreign students can do much better than locals if they had the opportunity to come here to study. I was flabbergasted by his tone. He seems to be a nonchalant and nice guy but when he is serious, he gets down to business. Anyway, I was also surprised that he even asked our subject teachers in, encouraging them to say out the feelings of teaching us. Perhaps some but not MOST, were incorrigible. What's even appalling is that we were warned that if our attitude sucks and continue not to do our assigned homework, we were to be kicked out of school. We were even made to sign a committment letter, saying that at any point of time, if we play truancy and doesn't do any homework, we'll be kicked out of school..

About the whole speech, I only had 1 thing to say. If Mr Yong had the intention of making me change for the better, he succeeded. Effective to some, I must say, but I can't understand why some people hate him after that talk. Totally no clue.

I did some soul-searching and decided what I gonna do. Hope you guys had the strong mentality now. Gotta go now, god bless you. Best wishes.

No comments: