Thursday, April 01, 2010

Being a promoter and such.

After my last semester ended, I have been working as a promoter again, well, since the past 5 years. You see unlike me, my friends have been switching jobs here and there to strive for better pay, and different work experiences.

For me, I somehow like to stay in my comfort zone. I mean, my colleagues are good, the environment is good, the pay is considered not bad, why not? Unlike my friends who seek work experiences, I seek life experiences.

It gets boring a little every now and then, but I must say that being a promoter at town is a good experience for me.

As I sell high-end bedlinen, I encounter a lot of tourists, and we always strike a conversation every single time. Like how they love Singapore's weather, and what food they love in Singapore.

I'm too stupid to differentiate people (especially caucasians) from which country, and I always like to ask them.

I remembered there was this particular conversation which I had with this South African guy with 2 kids. The more we talked, the more I learnt about his country, and by the end of the conversation, he offered me a place to stay at his house, should I ever backpacked to his country.

I think its freaking awesome, because I've never really seen much of the world, and learning things and understanding their point of view, their culture and their views about stuff just makes me feel so excited.

And that's what I love about my vacation job.

I've been transferred to another departmental store, and I hope I'll adjust to its hostile surroundings easily. Wish me well!

No comments: