Sunday, April 18, 2010

One of them. One of us.

"The rain is falling.
Defeat is calling.
I need you to set me free."



Working in a place where competition is nigh high, and sales-driven promoters quarrel over the slightest things, this is the worst that I've ever seen in my 4-5 years working as a promoter.



Vultures, crocodiles and lions roam the sales floor, with politics everywhere.





I've been trying to adapt to this place, which is a different ball game from anywhere else. And so far, I haven't been in a quarrel with any of them because I chose not to retaliate.



I mean, why would people come to work and cut each other sales and start quarreling? Shouldn't it be a happy place to work at? Competition should be healthy and encouraged but it wasn't meant to be.



It is up to this point where I feel I'm not cut to be a promoter. I'm not very aggressive. I'm not ruthless, and I'm not dangerous, and I seldom cut sales in order to maintain a good relationship with my colleagues. This is not me, and I believe no matter what, the customer should be in the welfare of getting what he needs, regardless of the brand.



But in the jungle, sheeps like me are meant to be eaten by other predators. In life it's always the same case. I'm usually the one being bullied and name-called.



Perhaps people haven't seen the side when I'm angry. Perhaps people haven't seen a raging sheep. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise to train my personality.





Soon, I will become one of them. One of us..

No comments: