Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Granduncle's cremated.

First and foremost, thanks for everyone's concern. I appreciates it.

We all know that death is part and parcel of life. It's an end to a life cycle. But since we know that it is inevitable, why do we still mourn and cry?

During the last day of the funeral, my aunts whom I respect a lot, was crying and wailing. It was so heart-wrenching, and I could really sympathise with them.

When we were about to cremate the body, we saw a red dragonfly on the wall. And it was believed that it was my granduncle. In Taoism, a dead person can come back as insects such as butterflies and dragonflies. 

When I was in the bus heading towards the crematorium, I was listening to my mp3. I suddenly found my tear glands on the verge of bursting when I heard really sad songs that relates to death. 

I forced myself not to cry, but I saw my body contorted, and my eyes started to be blinded by tears. And suddenly, I found myself weeping silently.

Come to think about it, why should I even hold back my tears in the first place? I mean, masculinity is one thing but aren't mourning in funerals usually accompanies tears?


Anyway, tears have dried and body's been cremated. Wei Chong's right, I should move on.


No comments: