Sunday, August 09, 2009

Happy Birthday Singapore!

Happy 44th Birthday Singapore!

I wasn't really crazed over the celebrations for Singapore for the past few years, but this time round, my friends wanted to see fireworks so we went down to Marina Square.

Spectacular I must say, I think fireworks are one of the best inventions. The vibrant colours, and the strokes of the fireworks were beautiful. I was amazed as a child, and I'm still amazed even at this age, perhaps I thought of the wonderful things with such beautiful stuff.
When we walked back to the atrium of Marina Square, we were greeted with a roadshow of the previous National Day Parade (NDP) celebrations, and they were projecting the previous NDP songs.

Then, never did I expected I would be overwhelmed with so much emotions.



Filled with people. With most people in a sea of red and white.


They played the song "Home" which was sang by Kit Chan. Good reminiscence of the past, filled with nostalgia. But it was exceptional this time round.

People started singing the song.


"This is home, truly, where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows
This is home, surely, as my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone..."

Everyone in the atrium started singing the chorus. I was touched. I've never felt so much patriotism before, and I was so proud of being a Singaporean. It was definitely a beautiful sight to behold, looking at everyone singing together.


Ahh, what a great day. And I've finally recovered from my flu, experiencing chills and weakness in my body.

And I've had a new haircut, but my friends say it made my head look bigger. But I thought it was rather nice. Hmmmm..



Well, it shouldn't look like that. But never mind..


No comments: