Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scars will make us remember for life.

I love how I can always connect to Corrinne May's songs someway or another, and I've wrote a few poems regarding my life in attachment and how I feel.
I like the photograph below, and I somehow can relate something to this girl's eyes, and her scarred face, well except mine is a moon-cratered one.


Many thanks to adritzz on Flickr for this shot.



To give you a peek about how I feel currently, here's the certain exerpts of the lyrics to Corrinne May's song, Scars.


I just want to ru
Just want to hide away
Close my eyes to your gaze.


Just want to leave
Don't want to hear them say
"You're no good at this"


When the world swirls with naysayers
Broken wings and torn pages
The road ahead
Drowning in my tears
Break me open
Tear me down
Into pieces
Broken crumbs
On the ground


You can mould and shape me
In your image
Breath your life
You know I need it


Scars make us stronger for life.
Losing myself
Gaining it back again
Forging strength from weakness
All that I am
All that I meant to be
Melting in your hand


Let the world swirl with naysayers
Pickled hearts and sour faces
What is real what I cannot see.


Scars might not make us stronger for life, but they will make us remember them for life.

No comments: