Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Will be busy.

I've been busy for this week as there are tests and remedials. I'm also involved in the Chinese New Year Concert. So I wouldn't be blogging often.


Anyway, I've notice something about teachers. In order to make you study hard and be very afraid, they tell about how scary exams is. Last year, when I was taking my 'N' levels, teachers kept emphasising on the importance of 'N' levels saying we cannot slack or we will fail it. And now I've passed, teachers again, tell us the importance of 'O' levels. A friend of mine, Kelvin Yap, went to Innova Junior College for the first 3 months. His teacher told him "You can slack and do last minute work at 'O' levels, but you cannot do the same for 'A' levels or you will fail." Every graduating class, teachers kept saying the same old thing, hoping that we can study harder etc. So now you know.


The other thing I would like to mention is about discriminating of obese people. I myself is overweight, and people discriminate us. Just like you condemn racism and sexism, you should condemn discrimination of overweight people. I was very unhappy during today's P.E lesson. Girls were choosing the guys to partner them, and I realise that in the end, 5 boys weren't chosen (including me). 3 of them were overweight, while the other 2 were skinny. I was extremely pissed off. And to make matters worse, when we were playing a modified ball game of Softball, I was standing at the field with a friend of mine like a motionless scarecrow, while others got a chance to throw or hit the ball.


By leaving obese people out until there weren't enough people to play, you are saying that obese people are unimportant, useless, and a liability to sports. By doing that, you're destroying the confidence of these people and made their self-esteem feel low.


I've been tolerating people for a long time, not just this incident. When we play a match of basketball, I was usually among the last to be chosen. If I were to be chosen, fit people will not pass the ball to me anyway.



If you are one of those kind who I mentioned, you better start thinking about your actions, or you're just an insensitive idiot.

No comments: