Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year, new resolutions.

It's New Year, with lots of challenges and uncertainty that faces us.


Welcome to the Year 2006, 6 years after the millenium. But before 2006, let us recap about some events that happened during 2005.


Infamous National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Saga

The NKF Saga all started because of a golden tap. And it leaded to suing between T.T Durai and Singapore Press Holdings. After that, Durai dropped the case, and later quit as CEO of NKF. At late months of 2005, there were startling facts about the old management of NKF. If my mind serves me right, only 10% of the funds went to the patients. NKF exaggerated its patients under its care. There were alot of truth being said, and I won't say it here as I guess Singaporeans should know, except foreigners who read my blog.



Eddie Guerrero and George Bests' deaths

I won't say much here, but for those who doesn't know them:

Eddie Guerrero is a professional wrestler, and once won the prestigious WWE Champion.


George Best is a famous football Manchester United Legend, who's known for womanising.


'N' Level Results

Based on my school's information, 17 people failed among the 75 Normal Academic (NA) students who took the national exam. The atmosphere was sad, and crying could be heard during the hall when we took our results slip.



My message...

Based on the fact that almost 2 billion people (That's half the human population) lives off less than $2 everyday, I hope everyone will know how to treasure their possessions and family. No matter what, there will always be people who will be poorer than us. We must understand this. In Singapore, we are lucky to have a good geographical location, which fends off earthquakes and other natural disasters. Other foreigners who read my blogs, you guys are also lucky too.


This paragraph is dedicated to my friends. To those who failed 'N' levels, I know that we are going by different paths. I once watched a movie which says that friends come and go. However, you will remember the friend forever and he/she will always have a place in your heart. I know that we will meet sooner or later when we graduate or during adulthood. And to those who passed 'N' levels, my congratulations to you, and I'm glad to say that we will have to prepare for the biggest battle of our teenage life. We need to be armoured with knowledge, attitude, and mentality to do well in the 'O' levels. Let us strive and do our best, without any regrets.



Last but not least, I wish everyone bountiful happiness everyday and hope for world peace.



Goodbye 2005, hello 2006!



No comments: