Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Got worked up over customer service.

I had such a bad day yesterday, thanks to bad customer service.

Before I begin, I must stress that I always consider myself as a non-fussy customer, and that I never blew my top in front of any sales assistants.

I was at Compass Point, with the intention to buy wooden toothpicks for my Typography project. A Watsons sales assistant told me to go to Value Shop, as they probably sold it there.

I went there in the evening, and there were around 6 workers in the shop.

Here's how my conversation and them goes like:


Me: "Hi, I am looking for wooden toothpicks and candles. Do you know where is it?"
Sales Assist (1): "We don't sell candles, but we do sell wooden toothpicks."

And she pointed to me to the back of the shop.

I proceeded over there, and I tried to find it but couldn't. I proceed to ask another worker although he was arranging stocks.


Me:"Hi, the previous worker told me that wooden toothpicks are around this section, do you know where is it?"
Sales Assist (2): "Don't have it in this section, it's in the second row.

I went towards the second row. And I still couldn't find it. So I asked another one beside me again.

Me: "Can you show me where can I find toothpicks?"
Sales Assist (3): "It's beside over that rack."

I went but I still couldn't find it. I was really irritated. I went back to the same one, and my tone was louder.

Me: "CAN YOU BRING ME TO THE PLACE WHERE I CAN FIND THEM?"
Sales Assist (3): "I think it's out of stock."
Me: "...................."

I can't believe I forced myself not to blow my top and walk out of the shop nonchalantly.

Wow, it's the first time that I heard that TOOTHPICKS CAN BE OUT OF STOCK." Not enough wood to produce toothpicks or what?

Can you people even call yourselves sales assistants? Look up the dictionary for the word: ASSIST. You assholes made me move around in the shop like an idiot, and NOT A SINGLE ONE could show me the place where toothpicks are placed. 

Yes, you might be busy doing stocks, but aren't the customer's needs the most important? And that assistant who told me it's out of stock without checking for me, it's high time you quit your job.

It's for your interest in heart that you should just work at an office or other places where you don't constantly do human interaction.

I've never seen such terrible customer service, and I really cannot believe I blogged such a long post over toothpicks. How great.

No comments: