Monday, January 28, 2008

If you're looking for polytechnic courses..

Singapore is a pretty small country, though not the smallest in the world. So if you're talking about pursuing some unique dreams and goals like being an archaeologist, please look beyond the shores of Singapore.

Singapore's polytechnics and universities are almost all industry-relevant, which meant one thing. You're highly likely to find jobs in your respective industry.

One of the things that I always disagree with some people is that they always try to look for good prospects in polytechnics.

A high number of them believe that business courses have the highest prospects.

I beg to differ.

The fact that each diploma course is being tailor-made shows that the industry needs such people, and that it will be lucrative. Each and every industry has their own prospects, and it also depends on how well are you willing to work hard and put in effort.

I still believe in my own thinking; Do a diploma course that interests you. And not just find a diploma course that you think have a good prospect. Can you imagine doing boring work just for the sake of money? What's the point of life?

I myself failed to get into Mass Communications, so I had to go to Visual Communications, the next qualifying course that interests me. I intend to go overseas and study marine-related studies if possible after I graduate. 

The same goes for people who are unhappy in their courses. Persevere for the 3 years and take another path from there.

Lastly, for those who're taking 'O' levels, do work hard. When you work hard, you can choose the junior colleges or diploma courses that you qualify. Because if your grades are bad, you can only take the less popular ones and the leftovers.

No comments: