Thursday, January 03, 2008

Divers Gathering for Pulau Tioman.

Jennifer and I organised a divers gathering last week, and it became quite successful except a one or two didn't turn up.

It was certainly around 2 months since I've seen some of them, and it's really great to see Dean, Yvvonne and Jennifer around.

There were 2 extra people:

1.Tristan who's an experienced photographer who travelled around Asia.
2. Leslie, who's a manager for Asian Geographic Magazine.

Yvvonne was entertaining us about her experiences in diving, while Dean, Jennifer and others had some serious talk.

I was intending to talk to Leslie, because I was thinking of becoming a freelance writer, and I was willing to work for it. I couldn't open the conversation, and sweet Jennifer decided to break the ice for us, and we started off there.

I enjoyed interacting, as I learned about his past experiences, and what advice he had in store for me.

He told me to write for local magazines, because it is good to start on an experience and work from there. Hmm, I'm still thinking how could I write for local magazines. Teenage magazine perhaps?

Hopefully when the opportunity arrives, I'll be able to meet some of his colleagues who are graphic designers.

What amazes me is that he used to study a totally unrelated diploma course, in comparison to his job right now.


Oh, I must talk about Dean.

Dean was trying to pull me off to some chinese ladies near some pub, and I shrugged it off and tell him that I prefer caucasian girls in general.

He opened his eyes wide and said caucasian girls are not good, and said asian ones are better. Super ironic eh? I guess it's like that. Caucasians prefer Asians, while Asians prefer Caucasians.

That idiot also called me Pork Chop, and further on hugging me and squeezed me, with a wicked smile. He's really sick. It's time he need a psychiatrist. Hahaha!


Most importantly, I must thank Jennifer for the magazine that you gave some of us, and thanks for the kind hospitality. What a sweet lady. We'll meet again soon alright!

No comments: