Thursday, October 09, 2008

When Cupid strikes in Cambodia..

A few weeks ago, I mentioned about fallen in love with someone in Cambodia, now I'm going to elaborate more..

It just came natural, or should I say Cupid striked me with an arrow..

It's been a while since I've been attracted to someone. We were playing games in a big group, and our eyes just locked into each other. We would burst into laughter and smiles when we caught each other looking.

I asked her: "What's so funny?" And she didn't answered, continuing to laugh away.

That was when I found her really cute, her smile really beautiful, and at that point of time, the one for me.

The feeling of protecting her was incredibly overwhelming for me, and all along I thought it was a one-sided love..



May I present to you, Sok Pheap..


Me, Sok Pheap and her friend. (From left to right)


I thought this was the last time I saw her because we ended our programme with the Boys Brigade Learning Centre (BBLC), that's why I took a picture with her (above).

I thought my one-sided love could end like that, but it didn't.


On the last day at the orphanage, she came down specifically to pass me an envelope. She kindly requested to take a photo with me, and my Fujifilm camera miraculously resurrected itself despite its battery went dead, I managed to take one last final photo with her before she hurried back to study.




The only photo that's only the two of us.


When I was in the bus during that tearful departure from the orphanage, I looked at the beautifully decorated letter, and being multi-lingual, her first paragraph written in Chinese was:


"Hey! I want to tell you. I like you very very much!"

At that point of time, I had a mixture of disbelief and shock. I was like.. What? I didn't know she like me as well!

But I knew fate was fooling with me. Why is it that it was the last day that I knew that she liked me as well? And by the time I knew it, she had already left. Mutual feelings in a relationship is hard to come by, yet I still encounter this kind of stuff.

I was considerably in a love triangle as well, because there's another Cambodian girl who liked me as well and gave me a bracelet. She even came down to my guesthouse to look for me during the weekends, and at one point, waited for like 3 hours? But she's a nice person and I thank her for that.



Anyway, when I reached Singapore and took quite a while to settle down, I finally emailed her:


"Hi Sok Pheap! Sok-sa bye!

I am James, and I just want to thank you for the letter and gift you have given me.

Do you know that I like you too? I love that beautiful smile of yours, and I was attracted to you when you were laughing and smiling when we both look at each other.

Anyway, how is your life? You must study hard okay? I hope I can go to Cambodia soon! "

-James


And finally she emailed me this:


HI James
ha ha! i sok-sa bye too. james Do you know? i think you maybe for got me. because you never email me. but now i got your email. ;when i see it very very happy that you still remember me. hey i still remember your smile very very handsome . you too must study hard. keep in touch okay? you must kepp your smile na. i think you can attract all of the girl haha!

with love
from sokpheap



Perhaps we could never be together ever again, but I'm really glad that she crossed into my path and I'm thankful for that. When I go back to Cambodia, I will look her up. But right now, I'm contented to keep in touch with her via email, and still be friends.

No comments: