Friday, May 29, 2009

Second chance..

Currently listening to Corrinne May's Love Song for the #1, which is my favourite song in her albums. I somehow has the urge to write a poem regarding ex-convicts, well probably because my current project involves them.



Looking back at the days when I committed crimes,
I felt naive, stupid and foolish.
But now, repentance and acceptance is all I wish to find.


I walked out, after seven years in jail.
Bright sky, fresh air but no family in sight.
I asked myself ; Am I destined to fail,
when no relatives were there to invite?


I suffered and have been duly punished.
Why can't I have a second chance?
Didn't I had enough anguish,
that sticked with me for months?


I've turned over a new leaf.
But how did the society perceived me?
An ex-convict with a stigma.
Is that how I got my karma?


I wish I had a second chance...


-James


No comments: