Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life's simple pleasures.

You know, I've always loved to talk to foreigners, because I haven't seen the world myself, and I always command a certain amount of respect for them because they came to Singapore to make a living, and this means perseverance and independence; the two important values which I've yet to learn.




And we know that there have been a massive influx of Chinese nationals from China coming in to Singapore. And some of them were my colleagues.



I've talked to them, and they have heard that Singapore is beautiful and vibrant country.











But one of them said; Singapore's society is moving extremely fast with its pace, so much so that we don't get to enjoy life's simple pleasures.



I can't agree more.


I mean, every single day we keep rushing to work and rushing to school, but did we ever stop by to appreciate the environment around us, the trees and the birds?

Every day to me is like a day spent doing work and more work. But I didn't find any or most of the days memorable.

We always say that life is unpredictable, and how we should live our lives to the fullest.

Now that's food for thought. Perhaps every day, we could take a little bit of our precious time appreciating something that's meaningful; be it your favourite pets, the river, or even potted plants.

Perhaps as urban people, doing this will make our lives more enriched, filled with zest and energy!

Hope we could find something interesting every day in our mundane life. :)

No comments: