Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oh my, no longer will it be 2009!

In a blink of an eye, 2009 will be over, and it'll be 2010, a decade since the millennium. People always find it fast that time really flies year after year, but somehow we find time hard to pass in just a day.

Looking back to the things that I've done for this year, it was rather stagnant, with a few major events that happened.


Here are the few things that happened this year without chronological order:


PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER

My beloved grandmother fell sick this year due to a tumour, and she got every single one of us shocked because she was always so healthy. She was diagnosed with cancer, but thankfully the cancerous tumour was removed, and now she's going for chemotherapy weekly. Nai Nai, I love you and you must be strong okay!


FIRST TIME PARTICIPATING IN A SINGING COMPETITION



My first time joining Singapore Idol. Didn't get in though!


SCUBA DIVING

Organised a scuba diving trip to Tioman, Malaysia again, but this time round it was much harder because there were a lot of hiccups going on, and there were more people going.



Took my ADVANCED SCUBA DIVER COURSE. We passed!


We saw plenty of fishes, including the ever curious batfish!



GARDEN OF HOPE

Did my project p6, with my main theme surrounding ex-convicts and giving them a second chance. Been taking photos with flowers mainly.






MY BIRTHDAY!



It was definitely one of the most memorable birthday celebrations ever! And I'm finally 20!


ATTACHMENT

It's pretty well-known that I hated the stuff that I did in my internship company. I grumbled, lamented and hated it. Perhaps the fault lies with me, I just cannot accept the fact that I need to wash the toilet (only one in the cohort), clean the corridor, go back home late, and ideas kept being rejected.

I complained to the school, and lecturers came with listening ears and motivational messages to come and look for me.

I know, the right mentality is to accept it and take it as a stepping stone but at that point of time, I wasn't adjusting well to the whole thing, and perhaps this whole thing is just my fault.
Sorry Fabian and Ken.



People have been telling me I've changed, probably based on clothes that I've been wearing lately. I pretty much admit that I've changed in terms of dressing, as I'm kinda influenced by british fashion.

Then, in the facial looks department, I'm considered a failure, so I figured out I need decent dressing to compensate, right?

But beneath the facade lies the same old James except slightly more materialistic;

Funny, witty, lame, self-righteous, opinionated and whatever adjectives you can use on me.



So I would end this post, and would like to wish everyone here a very happy 2010, and hope everyone stays healthy and safe!

No comments: