Thursday, December 10, 2009

Could this be my break?

Some people keep trying to do their best, to get their efforts recognised and rewarded but still cannot get their break. I am one of them.



Within a few months, I'm going to graduate with a diploma in Visual Communications, but when I look back from the future, I somehow wish I could get some recognition for my efforts.


My current and final project involves a Scuba Diving Magazine, and a range of advertorial materials and marketing collaterals. I had my presentation a few days ago, and it went pretty smoothly.




And this is the first time I had two of the strictest lecturers coming up to me and giving me some really nice compliments, and even my mentor complimented!


It gave me the strength to spur me to go on. It felt wonderful and I wondered: Could this final project be my break?



I went to Bras Basah to search for some old magazines that was water-sports related, and I found some gems there, despite the heat and sweat. Proceeded towards Prologue and Borders which I scrutinised every scuba diving magazine, and surfing ones which took me the whole day.

And this particular magazine which I found is fantastic:






In the end, I ended up buying magazines which totalled to $60! Bittersweet if you ask me, but for the sake of schoolwork, I decided to buy them..



And here's my Scuba Diving masthead/logotype!




Scubazine!



It's an equation of Scuba Diving + Magazine, so it's Scubazine! Cheesy I know, but the name is fantastic!



I have other plenty of ideas for my final project, but I'm just worried about the execution part.



And I sincerely hope that this will give me the recognition and reward I need.


I pray that this will be my break, and everything will pay off.

No comments: