Monday, March 08, 2010

My grandfather is a hero.

Sometimes I feel like faltering when I bump into an obstacle, or when I get emotional at times. It's sad to say that I'm mentally weak.

That's a stark contrast compared to my maternal grandfather, who's been through so much hardship. I went to visit him at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) today, and he was admitted into the hospital because he had testicle cancer. Tumours were detected on his testicles and his testicles had to be removed.

I'm shocked. When a man loses his testicles, that's equivalent to a woman losing her breasts. It's a major sacrifice, because it's do or die. And I salute him for that.

I'm also proud to say that he survived colon cancer as well.

I feel so ashamed of myself, and I promise that I will live meaningfully and be happy every day.

Grandpa, you're my hero! :)

No comments: