Monday, February 27, 2006

Final pool session.

No, we're not talking about pool, the one that is similar to Billard. But rather, swimming pool. Lame? Uh yes.

For the past 2 days, I've been having swimming pool sessions with other ODAC members. And gosh, I tell you, I was suntanned unevenly.



On Saturday.

We had our first pool session. We took a school bus to East Coast Park to go to a resort nearby. And everyone were pretty bored over the long journey.




Nothing to do..



And boredom was finally over when we reached the resort! We met up with the instructors and gave a briefing. After that, the instructors taught us how to put those scuba equipment. Everyone was getting excited. And everyone started wearing their wetsuits. I started wearing mine, XL, and I was extremely conscious of how I looked like because it seemed tight-fit. I wore it with no problems and started asking how do I look like.

And I have sicko friends who said "Wow, you look sexy!"

And I have Mr William Goh who said "Zhao Lun, you look cute!"


I wasn't interested in looks but my body! And I asked around again, and they said "You look okay in this. I then sighed a huge relief, thankful that my bulging stomach wasn't protruding out of the wetsuit.


Okay okay, I know you guys must be dying of how I look like right?


Here it is!






Haha, I think I look cool and muscular in this wetsuit. *Smirks*



Okay, enough of my crap.


And we proceeded to the pool with our equipments worn.





The pool that we were in.




We headed straight into the deep pool and its depth was 2.4m. At first, with the equipment, I was feeling weird and extremely heavy, with the air tank behind my tank. After I went to the pool, I felt alot better. But it wasn't staying long. Right after I put my regulator in my mouth for air, I panicked. I was feeling very bad and extremely tense. And my breathing wasn't normal. It was fast. The instructors kept asking me if I was okay. I just gave an okay sign. Luckily, I managed to pass the lessons underwater. Signs were important underwater. After a while, I got used to it and so were the others.


But Sin Wee got a nasty and bad experience. As far as my memory can tell me, Sin Wee was under the water when she had water or something in her mouth. In order to remove the water from her mouth, she decided to take the regulator out of her mouth and spit it out again, and put it (the regulator) back to her mouth. But no, it wasn't working. To make matters worse, her mouth was again filled with water. And she couldn't breathe, and started struggling. She kept struggling and struggling deep in the water, and until an instructor found out, he immediately took off his Buoyancy Compensator Device (BCD) and went to save Sin Wee. Fortunately, she was okay. What a bad scare!


On Sunday.


Today, we went to the same place again to scuba dive. I was already getting used to the equipments and was enjoying myself.


Everything went okay, with some lessons that we had to repeat under the water.


However, there was this emergency exercise that distressed me. All of us were underwater, and this particular lesson, was well, cut off the air supply from the air tank. One by one, the oxygen supply was cut off, and though we were out of air, we had to take off our weight belts and give it to the instructor. And we kicked the fins and rise up to the surface to breathe and inflate our BCD. It was abit frightening because you will pay alot of attention to your breathing.


Speaking of weight belts, I had to wear 6 weights under the weight belt, because my buoyancy was abit high, while others wear 3-4. This means that they could sink easier than me.


After that, we had to practice to get a netural buoyancy. And we swam around the pool to practice.

I also have to mention that I was extremely envious of Sin Wee and Han Wen. They were together, and they helped each other during the diving sessions, which makes me longing to have girlfriend. Bah, I knew I was dreaming.


Finally, the session ended with a lesson teaching us how to jump from the boat into the open sea when we go to Pahang, Malaysia.



That's all for the pool sessions, and I'm sure all of us look forward to next Friday's Pulau Tioman trip!

No comments: