Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Some news.

Now for some good news.


I'm going scuba-diving! I'm going to learn how to scuba-dive and be a step closer to my dreams of being part of the Underwater World. I'm so excited! It costs around $400+ and hopefully it will be subsidised. I will be going with a group of a CCA called Outdoor Activities Club (ODAC). It is the only CCA that provides such activities, and though I'm not part of the CCA, Ms Audrey Tan and my fellow friends kindly invited me to join them, although I'm pretty aware that some of the members there may think I am an "extra". So I'm going to be ignorant, as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss. Anyway, the course will start a few weeks time. I will bring my camera along and post some pictures! Geez, I can't wait!


Also, my couple krib, bore me some cute little babies! I was looking at the tank and was shocked to find the babies! Since the cichlids are mouthbrooders and according to my research, they wouldn't eat the babies and will take care of them and search for food, my mind is at ease. What good news!


The Choir will be performing for the school this Saturday for the Homecoming concert. I doubt we will put a good performance because of our extremely tight schedule and because of the hall. Choir cannot be heard in the hall as the slide doors are wide open and not designed to suit the performing arts I guess. But we will try our best.


This news is probably going to be ridiculous to you.


The performing arts are going to perform in the Golden Jubilee Concert a few months later. And guess what? We have to buy the seat tickets. Imagine the surprise I felt when I heard Ms Quek said the performers have to buy the seat tickets even though we are performing. The seat tickets costs $17 each and paid by Edusave.

But isn't it LUDICROUS?! I'm a performer in the concert, and yet I have to buy the concert tickets and will performing. Wow, does that mean that if Stefanie Sun stages a concert here, she will have to pay for one concert ticket?


Now for some questions that may shot back at me:


You can purchase the ticket and ask one of your relative to go.

Save not, being a chorister for 4 years, I've never ever asked my relatives to go to concerts or school events that I performed, let alone the Jubilee Concert. Since that's the case, isn't it a waste of money?


You should support the school by buying the tickets and the school is celebrating its 50th Anniversary.

Wait a minute. I'm already supporting by performing for the audience. Why should I buy a ticket which I cannot see and watch the performing arts perform?




On this point of time, I cannot think of any questions.


But for this controversial issue, I can say that it's unjustified and unfair.

No comments: