Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm officially using Accutane.

I felt the need to blog because there may be some drastic changes in me in physically, mentally and psychologically.

I'm using Accutane, and I'm going to take a big risk. I'm totally sick of the comments, tease and my physically appearance, so I might as well give it a shot.

I asked my doctor today whether taking the pill may be fatal or not, and she said that the chances are very low. Wow, low chance, but there's still a probability.

Accutane is extremely dangerous in a sense, because it can cause birth defects and may cause the death of a baby with a woman takes the pill.

And it also may cause mental problem and suicide.

"Some patients, while taking Accutane or soon after stopping Accutane, have become depressed or developed other serious mental problems. Symptoms of these problems include sad, "anxious" or empty mood, irritability, anger, loss of pleasure or interest in social or sports activities, sleeping too much or too little, changes in weight or appetite, school or work performance going down, or trouble concentrating. Some patients taking Accutane have had thoughts about hurting themselves or putting an end to their own lives (suicidal thoughts). Some people tried to end their own lives. And some people have ended their own lives. There were reports that some of these people did not appear depressed. No one knows if Accutane caused these behaviors or if they would have happened even if the person did not take Accutane."



So guys, if I'm feeling in any way weird, please do be understanding.


I'm hoping that it will clear up in months time... And hope that the side effects will not be serious..

God bless me.. please...

No comments: