Thursday, January 11, 2007

Summary of Secondary School Life (2002-2006) (PART 1)

This will be the first nostalgic post, I hope that it will be the last time to write a summary for my secondary school life provided I get good results for 'O' levels. Everything I write here contains only to my knowledge.


YEAR 2002

Class 1N1

Role in class: Decoration Leader

I chose North Vista Secondary School and enrolled in with a PSLE aggregrate for 186, entering the Normal Academic Stream in class 1N1.

And with that, the fat/big-sized/horizontally-challenged/huge/humongous James started his secondary school life.

Coincidentally, Ivan and I went into the same class. As we were primary school friends and knew each other, we sat together and talk.


Ivan and I, who is my old friend.


In front of us was a pair of friends named Derrick and Jason Ang, and like us, they were primary school friends and sat together. It was then that one of us decided to break the ice, and talk with them. And just like that, for the next few days, we became good friends.

But it was not meant to be. We realise we have a clash of interests and attitude, and we went separate ways, with Ivan becoming even closer with Derrick, while Jason Ang hang out by himself and I joined a group of friends with Clarence (who later on became my best friend), Jeremy (and also a good friend) and the others.



Clarence and I.



Jeremy and I.


And speaking of Jeremy, he was the guy who nicknamed me Panda. Till this moment, I don't think I bear any resemblance to the endangered animal.


I was the Decoration Leader together with a friend, and I'm proud to say that the class clinched the second price for the Chinese New Year Class Decoration Competition.


And during 2002, I joined Choir. When I went to the Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) fair, I was interested in Volleyball. I decided not to join the sport when one of the senior at the booth said to the other guy: "Don't recruit fat people."

Upon hearing that, I decided that I shouldn't join any sports for fear of my weight. Uniform group doesn't interest me, and the only choice I had was Performing Arts. I was interested in Band, with its musical instruments. But there were 2 practices a day at that time, and as I was lazy, I decided not to sign up. The only other CCA that interest me was Choir, as I loved singing.

It is unfair to say that Volleyball is the sole reason why I joined Choir. I must mention that a significant reason was that a senior, Lynette (she's a gorgeous babe by the way.) pulled my right hand while National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC) senior pulled my left hand, forcing me to their booths. The NPCC senior relented, and I was over to the Choir booth. I underwent trials, and Choir decided to recruit me. And so, I joined Choir.


During the first year, I feared Mr Francis Liew, who was my Choir instructor. He was strict with everything; singing techniques, discipline, conduct, punctuality and attendance.



Mr Liew and I.



Overall, 1N1 is an average class, but the most negative moment was when a new Geography teacher came and teach us, and the class made her cry, so much so that she left the school. I was her favourite student, and I horrified to hear the news. Sigh, perhaps teaching wasn't her cup of tea.




And that was how I started off my secondary school, with more experience and events!



YEAR 2003

Class 2N1



Role in class: Chairman


One hell of an exciting year!

I followed up with this class with the same classmates and a few new ones who joined in.



In the first half of the year, the class made Mrs Chong cried. Later, Mrs Yap taught us. (It was not because the class made Mrs Chong cried that Mrs Yap taught us.)

Mrs Yap offered remedial for me, because she knew I was weak in Maths. She's the best Maths teacher I've ever had.




Mrs Yap and I.


This year, I was linked to a really nice friend called Khai Theng, as the class thought we were compatible as a couple. I denied the allegations that we stead, and it was a fact. There are some other facts which I will not elaborate.




Khai Theng and I.



I was the Chairman of the class, and sometimes getting the class to line up accordingly was difficult, but still managable.



And it was the first time I competed in the Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) for Choir.

We was anxious because it was the first time for North Vista Chorale. When I joined Choir, I've never expected that Choir does compete in competitions. For this competition, we practised very hard in every sectionals, and Mr Liew chose 2 challenging scores, and one of them was called Exultate Deo. (I still know how to sing it!)

And we clinched the Bronze award; not bad for a new Choir!





It was definitely an unforgettable day.



And I had the most memorable birthday this year. Many friends came for my birthday which was organised mainly by Xiao Min and Wei Chong (Thanks alot) and I received lots of presents. It was also the first time I went ice-skating and it was FUN!


I do not have the pictures for this birthday, which was extremely sad.

Overall, 2N2 was one of the most memorable classes I've ever had.



And this is the end of Part 1, which I talk about my Secondary 1 and 2 life, and I'm gonna post Part 2 either tomorrow or a few days time.

No comments: