Sunday, May 21, 2006

Shocking Mid-Year exams.

Okay, I'l lbe honest. I'm so shocked with my results. All of them. And its worst. Whole class failed Maths, and I heard people from 5N1 mocking at us like "Wah, all of them can go ITE." Like I said, I believe in Karma. What comes around goes around. I would love to see who will have the last laugh.

I failed English Composition. The marker said I had weak facts etc. It was a major blow for me as I had so much confidence. But what was so infuriating was that I wrote the sentence "Do excogitate.", the marker (whoever is he/she) used his/her red pen and underlined the word excogitate and put down 2 question marks. HELLO? Assuming that you doesn't know the word 'excogitate', WOULD YOU PLEASE GO AND CHECK THE DICTIONARY?! I'm not trying to question your command of English, because it's impossible to learn all of the English words. But could YOU take the effort to check the dictionary? It's extremely irritating to see the words that I used in my composition which may be profound be underlined and put down 2 question marks. (I assume the marker doesn't know the meaning.) If Cambridge markers were like him/she, than we might as well don't learn new English words.

(I'm trying to show respect for the marker, so do pardon me if you feel offended by the criticism.)


Other subjects were shocking, so I wouldn't say them here.

No comments: