Friday, May 12, 2006

Treasure what we have.

Finally, I could take a break. Been taking Design and Tech, Geography and Combined Science Paper1. Well, hopefully I can do well. The standard was pretty average.


Few days ago, I chanced upon a TV show called the Oprah when I was messing with the TV remote control. It was talking about an Afganistan who created schools for children so that they could learn. She defied those religious leaders and gave her own opinion. I was so touched. Then, it showed some children using some computers at one of the schools that she had built. And guess what? IT IS THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT HAS COMPUTER ACCESS IN WHOLE OF AFGHANISTAN.


I was shocked and felt it was time to ponder. The children thought computers wasn't a reality, and that they could only see computers in the movies. While it is almost common for every single child in Singapore to possess a computer, these children do not even dare to dream about having one. They even had 3 meals a day to worry about.


More than half of the world's population are in developing countries. In Singapore, although it's extremely hot, we are being protected from Nature's harm. Yes, like them we have problems to worry about. They worry about 3 meals a day. We worry about studies. But think about it. Whose problem is more serious?

I sometimes do believe in karma. Let us treasure what we have.

No comments: