Sunday, April 20, 2008

Review of The Forbidden Kingdom.

Some people told me The Forbidden Kingdom wasn't a very nice movie, indicating that The Forbidden Kingdom should be The Forbidden Movie. I've watched this movie twice and I must say that I beg to differ.







This movie marks the first collaboration between 2 giant kung-fu stars Jet Li and Jackie Chan, and I must say they didn't disappoint.



The main five stars did very well: Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Michael Angarano, Li Bing Bing and Crystal Liu.



Jet Li acted for two characters: The Monkey King and The Silent Monk. I need to say that I found him weird acting for Monkey King.



"Come any closer and I'll twist your nipples!"



Traditional martial arts display is still as entertaining as ever, with the old kung fu skills such as Praying Mantis, Drunken Fist, Tiger etc. Each of the main characters' background in the movie is understood well, except for the White-Haired Demoness.



There were great music which accompanied every scene, and unexpected humour is injected into the movie every now and then.




Crystal Liu looks innocent and cute.




Li Bing Bing looks like the asian version of X-Men's Storm.






Michael Angarano is pretty good too!



Special effects are fused into the movie, and sometimes they look too artificial. The ending part of the movie was the real climax, and it didn't disappoint. Watch this movie with a light-hearted mind with no high expectations and you'll like this movie.



Rating: 3.8/5

No comments: