Friday, April 04, 2008

Tioman: A Testimonial Of Nature Part(2)

SECOND DAY


First Dive: Tioman Jetty
Depth: 15 metres
Bottom Time: 50 minutes





Preparing for our equipment..





Going by the shore..





Yours truly posing for the camera.



I think I have underestimated the jetty, because there were SO MANY THINGS to see! Swimming around you are schools of THOUSANDS OF FISHES.



Almost countless..





Whoa.




We saw an eel, bannerfishes, clownfishes, a barracuda and squid!



Second Dive: Roger's Wreck
Depth: 21 metres
Bottom Time: 35 minutes


This is the worst dive among the rest. Visibility wasn't good, underwater currents were strong, and fellow buddy had difficulty breathing.






Currents were rather strong.







The shipwreck.







It was the first dive that I ever went into a shipwreck, and to be fair, there were lots of fishes around the shipwreck. It's just that the poor visiblity just spoilt the enviroment.





Roger's wreck is big, but we couldn't enter because the space is too small, and the only thing we could do was to peek in.. and guess what? There are so many fishes hiding inside!





I wonder how old is this shipwreck?



We held on to one of the lines for safety stop, and we were banging into each other. That experience was terrible, because the underwater currents kept swaying us, and I kept floating because of the rising bubbles below me.

When I reached the surface, I had a terrible headache, with hunger and fatigue came setting in.





Third Dive: Pulau Chebeh
Depth: 12 metres
Bottom time: 45 minutes


Chebeh sounds like one of those Hokkien vulgarities, but if my mind serves me right, the actual pronounciation is CHER-BAY, instead of CHEE BEH.

First time I dive around the waters of this little island, and I must say, it managed to salvage our dampened spirits for the second dive, with the visibility being crystal clear.





Clownfishes with homely anemones..



So beautiful..



Vast land of corals.




We looked so funny!

I'd tell you, the sunset is beautiful. It's BEAUTIFUL. I suddenly thought of those photography lessons!



Sun starts to set in..


Artistic and simple!



There will be a final part of the post soon, which I'll talk about the 3 remaining dives.

No comments: