Friday, August 08, 2008

It's the Beijing Olympics 2008!

Beijing Olympics begins today, at an auspicious date of 08.08.08, where 8 in chinese means prosperity.

It is an event where all the top sportsmen in the world congregrate and fight for the medals.

I myself isn't really excited about the Olympics because I'm not really a fan of sports, but you need to respect them, because these athletes wait for this very day to come, which is the most prestigious sports event.

I was watching TV just now, and saw so many countries' sportsmen in the Beijing Bird's Nest stadium, and there are some of the countries which I never heard before. And presidents, prime ministers came to give their support, such as America President George W Bush.

I suddenly felt that the world is such a happy place, where countries congregrate together in harmony. We're human beings with different cultures, races and thinking and yet we still come together in harmony. Ahhh, the feeling was good.


Anyway, I really hope that Singapore will finally win a medal after so many years, and the sports coverage that I'll probably look out for are Badminton, Swimming, Gymnastics and Table Tennis.


So people..



LET THE BEIJING OLYMPICS 2008 BEGIN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL that is funny. You will like this site too! 2008 Beijing Olympics