Saturday, August 30, 2008

Off to Cambodia for 16 days.

By the time you see this, I'm probably at Cambodia, as my flight is tomorrow, 6am.


I've been awake since early morning, and haven't really able get to catch some sleep. My preparations are mostly done, and people have been asking me? How do I feel now?


I've been having mixed feelings about all this stuff; Excitement, Worry, Happy, Neutral, Anxious etc. I've never imagine myself going to Cambodia. Never in my life.

But here I am, hours away from my flight.. typing this blog entry. I promised myself. I don't want to have any expectations from Cambodia. No low expectations, no high expectations. I'll let my mind be free. I'll going to let my thoughts run wild.

But there are some restrictions for my trip..

1. NO ICE ALLOWED.
2. NO ICE-CREAM ALLOWED.
3. NO RAW FOOD ALLOWED.
4. NO TAP WATER ALLOWED, ONLY DISTILLED WATER.

I even have to brush my teeth using distilled water. I heard the tap water in Cambodia will harden toothbrushes.


Digressing aside, I went to a temple and prayed for my safety yesterday, and I went to take a divine lot from the temple, which I believed it is accurate. I was praying for wealth and family.. Here was what the Goddess of Mercy had for me:


"Adding colour to a gold work, and more beauty emerges. In due course, wealth and health comes. Do not think patience is best. In due course, the whole world knows you.

Do away with the old state. A child being guided by wise parents. Suit yourself in your endeavours. Your livelihood is assured."


I was figuring out what it meant because it was words of wisdom from God, but I thought it was a bit ambiguous. But I somehow know what it means. If you know the full interpretation to it, please comment it at the tagboard or my comment page ok?


And.. I really felt really really emotional and touched as I type this:

"THANK YOU!"



Thank you to all my family and friends who wished me bon voyage and gave me advice and words of wisdom. I really feel appreciated and thankful for such people like you all. I'm really really touched.


And.. I really never expected my friends to sent me off from the airport, especially when it is an UNEARTHLY TIME of 6am.

Thank you to Wei Chong, Shi Li and Clement for offering the drive there, and thank you to the 10+ buddies of you who will be coming later.. I feel really bad that you all are sacrificing your sleep..

To my buddies who can't come, I appreciates your messages and thoughtfulness. You all are appreciated and thanked.

And my family..thank you for all the financial support and stuff..

ALL OF YOU ARE BEING LOVED!


On a different note, I will be posting up blog entries based on scheduled posts, so there will be updates in my absence in Singapore.

Once I reach Cambodia, I will try to update my life there whenever possible.

I will be back in Singapore at 16 Sept at around 12.05pm..



That's all for this entry, and I shall see you all soon. Take care all!

No comments: