Saturday, February 21, 2009

A presentation and a toothache.


The other day, we had a presentation at the Singapore Philatelic Museum (SPM). It was a collaboration between 2 different fields: Space and Interior Design (SID) and Visual Communication (VC). And the winner of the chosen piece will be realised into life-size exhibition for the public to see.



This is my group's work.

The winner will be announced at a much later date I think. 

We also had other collaborations with Singapore Philatelic Museum, such as the SPM Children Brochure, and here are the winners:



The winners.


And then again, we were given a sneak peek at another previous collaboration that happened in the previous semester (there are already 3 collaborations) whereby we were to design a mascot for SPM. Aliff was the winner, and his works already 90% done to be exhibited!



The mascots of SPM.




Aliff the creator and his mascots Max and Phily.




And this is me, looking and interacting with the exhibit.


Recently, I've been plagued by this toothache which caused me incessant pain. I've consulted a dentist and she said that I needed to remove one of the upper tooth which was the cause of the pain because it affected the main ones:

(A bit disgusting though)


That tooth is blocking the rest and is causing the pain.


But there's a pain in my wallet as well, because it's a whopping $250 to extract that bloody tooth out surgically in a dentist clinic and it will take an hour's time.

I would never understand why are dentists' fees so expensive. That time when I asked about wisdom tooth, they caused around $500 to be extracted out. I never extracted it and it is still in one of the rows of my teeth because it hasn't cause me any pain since.

And when I went for this consultation, it caused $22 for the consultation which lasted like 5 minutes? But at least the painkillers only caused $10.

I will try to bear the pain and go to a polyclinic to pluck it out, in order to save costs.

I hate toothaches, and I hate dentists. 


Excuse me now, for the throbbing pain is getting a bit unbearable and I need my painkillers.


No comments: