Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Food for thought.

Last week, I had a huge scare when my paternal grandmother was admitted to the hospital, and I was shocked to learnt that she was suspected of having cancer, and were into the later stages.


Thankfully, she only had a tumour in her cervix, and will be removed surgically by the end of this week.  I just never expected a healthy woman to suddenly get into such situations.


I've realised that I have been really been ignorant all these while to my family members and relatives. 


Why must something happen to them before I realise and reminisce about the wonderful things they've done to me? Must all these happen before I start to be more caring to them?

I no longer confides in my mum, in fact no one in the family. Even up till now as I write this post, I never knew the reason. There's so many things that I keep to myself, boiling up like a dormant volcano; you'll never know when I'll explode.

It's just unhealthy, and only sometimes through this platform that I'm able to relieve some steam.

I'm thankful that I'm one of those who are able to identify flaws and admit them gracefully, and I'll work positively towards them, because I just want to be a better person.

No comments: