Thursday, September 21, 2006

Regret; the wasteful emotion.

During the whole afternoon today, I was in cerebration, thinking of many things that happened to me. The only emotion I felt was regret.


Regret that I didn't study at all during PSLE.
Regret that I didn't study well Maths during Secondary 1, to build the foundation.


I felt regret lead to many consequences. Like I went to Normal Academic which had to take 5 years with an aggregrate of 186. During this year's Teacher's Day, I was greeted by my Choir peers. Although I talked and chatted with them, deep inside me, I felt embarassed and ashamed.

Regret that I didn't study well during the Secondary 1-3.

A saviour; Mrs Yap came into my life during Secondary 2. She gave me after-school tuitions and encouraged me. However, the teachings always came to futile when I always DID BADLY for my exams. It was heartening to see that she didn't gave up on me. Even till now.

I suddenly had a wake-up call during Secondary 4, where I took on 'N' levels. This time, I worked damningly hard for all my subjects. I finally realised the importance of studies. It paid off during 'N' levels.

Before the 'N' levels, my Choir seniors (Sec 5 Serene, Pauline and Iza), helped me in the work, together with some friends such as Zi Cai and Long wen. Mrs Yap helped too.

And before the 'N' levels, I was feeling low, because of low motivation. I could still remember Mrs Corrinne Teo saying that the grade that a person that is equivalent to that person's hard work. I greatly beg to differ. I put in so much hard work during my exams and tests in Sec 4, only to get a ludicrously low 20/100. While my peers got Grade As and Bs without studying in a breeze.

During the 'N' level results, I took my results slip and glance through.

Maths. It was a B4. I was way over the moon.

I had a sense of self-satisfaction. From a PSLE score of D for Maths and 'N' level prelims with a score of 20/100, my score tripled during the 'N' levels.

And now, I'm taking a big milestone towards 'O' levels, which I think that genius Joel Deng is probably saying "It's so easy!" He said he missed 'O' levels. Eww.

Since Mdm Yow took over the baton for 5N2 Maths, I had to listen attentively though it was hard to adjust to her teachings. And of course 5N2, being the worst class (academically) of the 'O' level NVSS cohort, well, failed Maths for Mid-Year exams, which included me.

I'm more than 100% sure that people from the Express looks down on us, and even teachers and peers from 5N1. I wouldn't blame them. Being the vice-chairman of 5N2, I have to admit that there's a high probability that more than 50% of the class will not make it to at least polytechnic. But be rest assured that among the underdogs in the class, some of us will be will triumph and finish the last lap of the race successfully, if not a handful.

As for myself, I want to be one of the handful. I wouldn't want to retain.


Still, talk is cheap. I will still have to study hard and work for it.


And as for you reading this, regardless of how you are feeling now, I hope you give your utmost wishes and blessings, no matter if I manage to finish the last lap of the race by commenting on the comments or the Tagboard. Thank you.




And I can rest assured you that I will not regret one bit if I didn't managed to, because I've done my best. And I can answer that to my soul, to my heart and to people who gave me assistance, teachings and encouragement during the most important exam in my teenage life.

No comments: