Saturday, September 23, 2006

Young and gullible.

I accidentally chanced upon a website talking about Snoopy, the famous comic strip. But I don't know why I thought of Popeye, the sailor. While thinking of my younger days, I felt it was funny and stupid.

You see, I used to watch Popeye cartoons when VCD wasn't available at that time, and it was those tapes..

Just in case you don't know who Popeye was, here's a picture of him:




"I'm Popeye the sailor man!"


If you watched Popeye cartoons, you will know that during times of crisis, he would have this WONDERFUL SPINACH, which he will become SUPER STRONG!



Yeah, yeah eat your veggies! Especially Spinach and you will get strong!


And because I was young and naive at that time, I thought I could be as strong as Popeye. And mind you, I was damningly thin at that point of time. Because of my poor knowledge of vegetables, I just had to watch the cartoon to find out what spinach was.

And being gullible, I pestered my mom to buy spinach; which I don't know how to spell at that time, so I pointed out that I wanted what I want. And GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT?!


HERBAL JELLY!

I completely mistook herbal jelly for Popeye's spinach. And because Popeye swallows spinach as if it was disgusting to eat, I was extremely convinced that herbal jelly was spinach because herbal jelly is SO BITTER!

(Please don't ask me why I mistook some jelly for some sort of vegetables.)

After eating it with pride, I went around SHOWING PEOPLE HOW BIG MY MUSCLES WERE, when they were just bones, claiming I was fit like Popeye.

Which was something like this:






So I went around the neighbourhood, disgracing myself and act like Popeye, when it was obvious I was the pseudo one.

Come to think about it, those were fun childhood memories which I cannot erase. I'm sure you have your fair share too.








As I'm blogging, I'm feeling my arm muscles. And no, they doesn't felt like they were bones like last time. They felt abit stiff, but somehow flabby.

Just when I wonder what was that, something jolt me.

Oh, my fats.

No comments: