Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hello....

Took a long hiatus and here am I blogging!


Well, Chinese New Year is over for most for the people in Singapore, and I'm almost done, with only 1 or 2 left to visit.


One thing I always like about Chinese New Year is food. Yes, I'm talking about Pineapple tarts, Barbequed pork, Egg rolls etc. Oh my, they're damn delicious! Plus steamboat, home-cooked food and abalone! It's really great man.

And when relatives came, they always come with dogs. 3 dogs to be exact. 3 Chihwahwa to even more precise.



Cousin Zhi Ning with one of the Chihwahwas.

Guess what happened? One of them menstruated! I was like: Oh my, I didn't even knew dogs menstruate!
All the while, I only thought only humans menstruate.
Here are 2 pictures:
With my cousin and brother.
I think we 3 look very good. Heehee..




With my relative Jie.


He's a new relative, and he's from ShangHai, China. He's pretty small, and when I took a picture with him, it was like a giant with a tiny. Whoa. Jie is an active boy, and I love his Chinese accent.
What amazes me was his discipline and manners. We were all sitting in one table, and Jie was afraid of dogs. He started to move away from his chair and clinged on to his mother. His mother, being irritated, scolded him and forced him to sit on his chair. The other relative then moved the dog to another place.
It was an awkward moment, and his mother started to take food for him. But happens next was damn heart-wrenching.
Jie told his mother with his Chinese accent: "Mom, don't be angry. Sorry. Mom, do eat."
I was extremely amazed by what he said, and I really felt touched. He really have my respect.
Ok now, as I gonna move on to another topic, because the other stuff I do was just receiving red packets which amounted to more than $300, and the annual gambling. I lost around $50. Aww...


Okay okay, and now I found another hobby.
Amateur fishing!
Jeremy asked me if I was interested in fishing, and I said yes. So I'm going to try out this new hobby, but the interest will never surpass scuba diving.
Speaking of Scuba Diving, there were 2 recent cases in which 1 Singaporean diver died while diving in Pulau Hantu and the other one is in a coma in Australia.
I have to say it was very unfortunate. Sigh. The upcoming dive trip at March (around 2 weeks time) really excites me, and that the 2 cases has never act as a deterrent to me.
My parents are worried, but I told them that I will be alright. Scuba diving is a dangerous sport, I must admit. But with proper care and instructions that must be heed, danger can be greatly minimized. It's my passion, my passion to appreciate the wonders of the underwater world, and most importantly, the beauty of it. (I know it contradicts with fishing, but it's another thing altogether.)


I have to tell you, the ocean is my best friend.

No comments: