Sunday, February 25, 2007

First catch!






Yeah man, I went to Punggol End with Jeremy today for fishing. The weather was blowing hot and cold, when at times the weather was so bad, the visibility was unclear, and at times, the blue sky appeared.














Jeremy helping me with the fixing of my rod.










But anyway, the jetty was crowded, so Jeremy use his fishing rod first, while I didn't use mine. Since he threw the bait at a further place, I decided to use mine at an area very near to the jetty. And guess what? I caught the one and only fish of the day!






The fish looks damn disgusting.




Looks like a stonefish.




I asked the other people who are fishing there (Hmm, are they considered anglers?) if the fish could be eaten, and they said yes.


Jeremy also hooked the same fish as mine, except that it was smaller. He also managed to hook another one.



What was so disappointing for me is that I hooked up 3 flower crabs, but none of them was hooked up successfully, probably because of the size of the hook. There goes my chilli crab dinner.



But anyway, I brought the fish back to my grandma's place and asked if she wants to cook it, but she said no. When I brought it home, I couldn't bear to kill it. Maybe it's because it's alive and its looks. (I was intending to wrap it up like Jeremy told me, and put it into the freezer and freeze it to death.)



But no, I can't bear to do it. So I have put it in a small little plastic tank, and my father will be helping me to release it back to Punggol End tomorrow.


Hopefully, I will catch better fishes!


The fish in the plastic tank.
Ah, and tomorrow is the refresher course for diving!
Can't wait to practise and recap all the skills and techniques again!

No comments: