Saturday, March 03, 2007

Last day at Avida Logistics.

Yesterday was the last day for me at Avida Logistics, and the reason why I left the company is to take a month break from work, to enjoy myself, and to enjoy what I enjoy doing. During the 3 months there, I've learned quite alot.



Working in the music industry, my experience widened even more, and understands how some operations work. Especially in Universal Music warehouse, the sight penetrates even deeper with the importance of invoices and the quantity of CDs. Of course, there are some promotional items like signages.






And during the last 2 days, I was treated with sumptuous food. Thanks to Alan and Uncle Zi Wei. And I received 2 gifts from the only 2 females at Avida Logistics; Angie and Yeancy.



One was a CD, and the other one was a book, both of which was the first of a kind which I received as gifts.




Anyway, here are pictures that I've took with them:








With Wong.



Wong is a nice guy, very affable and he gives me a feeling that he's very proud and knowledgable of his Chinese and dialect origins. He's also very friendly, and talks to people in a good tone.





With Jin Fa.




Jin Fa is a pretty quiet guy to me, and I seldom talk to him. But still, he's a nice person. And guess what? He's a former national basketball player!









With Joe.










Joe (sometimes I call him Uncle Joe or Brother Joe), is an extremely humourous guy. He likes to joke and tease, but he's serious at times. He's got an amazing daughter (Less than 7 years old I think.) whose accent is strong and her powerful command of the English language makes her stand out than the other average children. Back to him, well, he's abit disgusting. REMEMBER THE POPCORNS?! ARGH! I will say that when you know him for a while, he's someone who's extremely nice and friendly person, with a humourous personality and serious at times.













With Alvin.








Alvin is my superior in Universal Music warehouse, and he respects each and everyone; he talks nicely almost everytime, and he doesn't boss around. I have to say that he's also a generous person, treating people and giving free rides sometimes. (Thanks alot!) He's one of the best and caring colleagues I've ever had.








With Frankie.






Frankie is another good colleague of mine. He always give me free rides most of the time when he doesn't have anything on. He's the Warner Music warehouse superior, and he's very serious in his work. He's also a loving father. Frankie is friendly, comical and sometimes a joker. A very nice person!







With Yeancy.







Yeancy is the most feminine female I've ever met in my life. She's one person I look up to; an advanced diver and a former Nanyang Technology University (NTU) student. Both goals which I attempt to achieve. Well, she speaks in a soft tone and loves everything that is feminine. She's friendly, affable and nice. A fan of Japanese Animation, don't think that she has no temper. She's got one, and she uses her temper at the right and logical time. But still, I assure you that she's a very nice person to be with, despite knowing her for like 3 months only.








Molested by Simon (left) and Alan (right)






























Simon is an extremely fit guy, and very muscular. The Sony BMG warehouse superior, I can tell you that he's one fine example that looks can be deceiving. A big-time joker, talking to him can make you vomit blood, because his jokes aren't cold; they're hilarious. The good thing is, it livens up the atmosphere. He's very friendly, and I think everyone likes him. He's also one who isn't bossy, and respects people. And he's one who's also very generous in treating people, and occasionally giving free rides. A very good colleague.








Alan is someone who's very serious, efficient and responsible in his work. I think Avida Logistics needs more people like him. But he's very disgusting. His disgustness? 10/10. He could say things like you're my moon, you're my sky, you're my stars and to things like wedding etc. Disgusting. Eeek. But then again, he's a very nice person actually. But when he's busy, he doesn't like to talk much. He likes to play games and eat heaty stuff. He's quite generous too, I must say. Thanks for the treat too! He's not bad and a nice colleague.






With Kelvin.








Kelvin knows where the good food are, especially in Geylang. He's fluent in English, and he's extremely hardworking; he holds a job at day and another at night. How far can this person go with the mindset of supporting his family and to give them good life? Very far. Ever since I've joined in the company, his responsibilities are greater and I believe he's handling well. A very good role model. Though I'm not very close to him, I believe people must take initiative to talk to him in order to know him well. He's a good colleague. Oh, he's a loving father too!













(From top, clockwise) With Ng, Wei Liang, Tay and Ben.





Ng is one person who is shy, formal and abit long-winded. I think he leads a simple but hard life. But still, he has my respect. He seems to be knowledgable and been through alot. But anyway, he's really the 4D king. He could remember the winning numbers of the lottery and 4D from the past few weeks. Awesome. Ng also likes to smile alot, and made good friends in the company.





Wei Liang is cool; he supports Chelsea and likes S.H.E's Selina just like me. Even though he's over 40, he still looks childish for a good cause, and he's super friendly. His laughter is contagious, and he's always seen smiling. I think we got alot of things in common. Hehe.. Overall, I think he's a very nice colleague.





Tay is extremely good in Maths. He counts numbers very fast and accurately. He's one who cannot tolerate hunger, and he always seems to be the first to disappear at lunchtime. I also think he's someone who likes things to be neat and tidy. I don't talk to him much, but still, he's not too bad.





Ben supports Barcelona and are afraid of heights. He's got a contagious laughter, which I find myself laughing secretly/openly when he starts to laugh. And I also think he's a very rich guy. To me, he likes branded stuff and likes to dress well. He's nice sometimes.










With Uncle Zi Wei.



Both my boss and relative. Could still remember when my brother and I were young, he and Aunt Caroline could bring us to Sentosa. Ah, fond memories. But as I grow up, I seldom talk to him. Despite working in the company, it's possible for me to not talk to him at all for one day. Different responsibilities and places I guess. But still, I'm grateful for him to give me a job. Thanks alot Uncle Zi Wei, and I really appreciates it.





2 person weren't on camera with me, whom is Angie and Qiang and Auntie.

Angie doesn't like to be photographed, while Qiang is on medical leave. (Bo xim la him*! He doesn't care*), and Auntie(I forgot to took picture with her)




Still, this 3 people will be commented.




Qiang is a pint-sized man, and he's a joker. I think he's a nice person, and sometimes a formal person. He sometimes keep to himself, but when he opens up, he becomes very lively. He's quite a nice guy.





Auntie (she's a cleaner for our company.) is one who I feel is very graceful. She's very old, but is still going very strong. She speaks mainly in Cantonese, so sometimes it's hard for me to communicate with her. But I respects her. She's really a nice person and the way and tone she address us, it's as if she's calling her children. Auntie is really nice!





Angie is one of the closest colleagues/friend in the company I had. She's very generous, caring and friendly. She's tomboyish and likes to laugh alot. Some of them likes to tease her because of her height, but she takes it very cooly. I've never seen her blew her top, and she can tolerate very well. She do things efficiently and seems to know everything in the company; like tackling certain problems. She's very independent and does well in everything. She's a very very nice colleague!






I may not return back to work, because I do things pretty slowly, from sorting out and arrange music companies invoices, to packing CDs in which I didn't feel really well. They didn't say anything, but I know that that they knew it.






Still, I will miss every single one of them in Avida Logsitics, and will come back to visit them. I will miss other people too:





Siew Geak from Universal Music.
Ismail from Universal Music.
Lawrence from Sin Tape.
Simon from Rock Records.
The Indian man cleaner.
The security guards at the building.
The 2 guys from Summit CD.
The lunatic old hag from Jackson's place Kopitiam.



I will miss everyone, so do keep in contact!






Unforgettable 3 months worth of precious memories, especially those who are close to me.

No comments: