Friday, March 16, 2007

Scuba diving trip at Pulau Aur/Pulau Dayang.

Before I blog, I shall mention that if my mind serves me right, Pulau Aur is the area we went to, and Pulau Dayang is the island we stayed.

Okay, this diving trip wasn't too bad, but the island we lived in doesn't have any nightlife. But still, I really wished I could live there, and never return to the hectic schedule of urban life in Singapore. Pulau Dayang is simply the island where you're 'disconnected' from the world, because there is no reception.





This diving trip comprises of 10 leisure divers (including Ms Audrey Tan and Mr Ho (Another teacher.)), and around 5-7 instructors, and the others all Open Water diver students, including several teachers and one vice-principal, bringing the total amount of 32 people.





On the way to Malaysia..

Upon entering Malaysia, we needed to go to Mersing to get take a boat to Pulau Dayang. Malaysia is filled with countless palm trees, it is no wonder that Malaysia is the world's no.1 exporter of palm oil. There were very few cars on the road, and our bus driver was speeding very fast. Wow, it is the fastest and bumpest bus ride I've ever taken.

Some pictures I took while on the bus:







After hours of bus ride, we finally reached Mersing!


Selamat Datang!



First day




Getting ready to put all the dive gears in the boat.






Resting and catching up with each other..



Took the chance to rest and sun tan..




The sea..



After the first dive, we reached Pulau Dayang at night.




Night at Pulau Dayang.



Quite nice..




We had our dinner before Han Wen, Jeremy, Wei Chong and I shared a room.




Second Day


With my artistic and some amateur pictures, I will show you why Pulau Dayang is such a beautiful place, and that if there's a chance, I would not want to leave there.











Now that I've seen these pictures again, it makes me want to go there again.. Sigh.



And now for the clear waters:



Crystal clear water, and beneath the water are live corals.





Getting ready to dive..



Second day was the day where we had the most dives. During the dives, I was both saddened and happy. The waters around Pulau Dayang is a fine example of destruction of the underwater world. I was saddened because more than half of the corals during the dives were dead, and that it was mankind whom were responsible for it. I'm happy because despite the destruction, there were still some restoration from Mother Nature. Fishes are picking themselves up.



There were a few rubber wheels in the seabed, thanks to the combined stupidity of some people who thought that wheels could attract corals to breed on it like the same for ship wrecks, only to know that the plan had failed.

Some people saw interesting sea creatures like sting ray, sea turtles, barracudas, lionfishes and some beautiful and colourful fishes like wrasses, angelfishes, blue devils etc.


There was this really big pufferfish staring at each and everyone of us when we went past it.


I tried my best not damage any of the remaining live corals.


No underwater photos on the second day.


During the night, I had the MOST MAGNIFICIENT VIEW OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. I was with a few of my friends, and we were lying on the beach chairs which sitted neatly on the coarse sand, and in front of us was the sea. The air was cooling and it was perfectly relaxing. When I looked up, the sky was filled with PLENTY OF GLOWING STARS. I kept thinking if I was in some paradise or something. VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL. I would like to go there again! It was definitely the best night ever!


Third day

It was the final day, and we had our last dive. Nothing much, but there were still very beautiful fishes.

Note: Special thanks to Michael Ng for helping to take those underwater shots and JiaYi for scanning the pictures into the computer. The underwater photos are all from the last dive of our trip.



That's me.. Haha..



Hello fellow divers!



Heehee..



That's me diving..




Solidarity Starfish!




Is that a sea cucumber?




A moray eel protuding its head out from the cave.





Corals..




Fishes crowding around the big coral reef..






It's finally the end of the trip, and here are the photos taken with instructors and fellow friends..






With almost all the leisure divers:




Daniel and I.





Wei Chong and I.








Clarence and I.








Han Wen and I.





Soon Hwa and I.




Clement and I.





And with the instructors/pro-divers:




With Instructor Roy Foo.



The first impression when I see him: Very pro diver. And up till now, I still think he is. He's quite a nice guy, and very down-to-earth.




With Mario. He's promoting Fishermenscuba. Haha!
Mario is a VERY funny guy. Every single leisure diver enjoys his company, and that he's very down-to-earth and easy to get along with. He treats everyone as friends and you'll feel no boundary. His gesture of giving up his room for us and sleep outside the room really touched me. After knowing him better, he really gets my respect and that he's a nice guy. Can ask him out next time. Do keep in contact.




With Michael.
Michael has got to be one of the most friendliest person with Mario at Fishermenscuba. He's affable, friendly and down-to-earth. He takes care of everyone during dives. And the thing about him is that he likes to joke around. I was diving underwater halfway when he tapped my shoulder, and took out his regulator and showed me his set of teeth. Super lame. And some time, without any reason he could crack some very cold and lame joke. That's the best thing about him. Next time can call him out..Do keep in contact.
Michael and Mario are 2 people that I never regret knowing. Super jokers, and happy-go-lucky people.
Before I end this post which I blogged for a whopping 3 hours+, instructors/pro-divers, friends, teachers and juniors.. PLEASE STAY IN CONTACT!


No comments: