Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Fated to take all levels.

The above title should give you a clue, a hint, an indication, and an answer.


I failed to get into Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Mass Communications Diploma Course as first choice.

And so,


I'm POSTED TO SERANGOON JUNIOR COLLEGE (ARTS)



But I may appeal to Innova Junior College (Arts).




I'm sure people will ask me why I wouldn't want to appeal to go to Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Mass Communications Diploma Course. Well, despite getting just enough points for the cut-off point for the course, with a B3 in English and deduction of 2 CCA points, I still couldn't get into the course. Which simply means there are people who are better than me vying and getting for the course.


Okay, so why did I decided to appeal to Innova Junior College? (Will ask more about Innova JC.)


1. Serangoon Junior College is an old school, and there are 5 students who scored 4As and 22 students with 3As. Innova Junior College, which is the newest school had 4 students who scored 4As and 25 students who scored 3As. So, you get the idea. But nevertheless, it's still boils down to oneself, whether he wants to work hard or not.


2. Friends are there, be it my peers and seniors, I believe they can help me. Besides, I think I'll prefer a new school.


3. Direct bus to the school, which is at Woodlands.




So these are the number of factors. And I guess after taking 'N' levels, 'O' levels, I may be fated to take 'A' levels.


And so, it will be back to square one; no more dyed hair, wear uniforms, carry a schoolbag, study hard.

I told my mom about it over the phone, and I could sense her disappointment because she doesn't want me to be over-stressed. Sigh..




Okay, and now I'm going to talk about people who think about me.



Some of my friends think I cannot make it to Junior College when I told them I chose them at second and third choices.


You couldn't blame them in a sense:


1. My Maths and Science failed which was a D7.
2. I was in 5N2, which was, academically speaking, the worst class.
3. I was basically in 5N.



And seriously, on a desperate note,


DO YOU THINK I HAVE A CHOICE?


Business courses closed down on me.
Engineering courses closed down on me.
Science courses closed down on me.


What do I left with? Design courses. And I doesn't like it one bit. Plus Psychology and community services, Mass communications and some other courses.


So do you understand?


On a brighter side, I will have great confidence because of teachers and students who thinks that I will be more suitable in a JC.

No matter how people judge me, it is still up to myself to prove it to myself that I will do well in advanced level, and I must stop doubting my ability.




You are not me. I controls my thinking, my movement and my actions.

No comments: