Friday, February 09, 2007

Not feeling handsome..

I'm not feeling handsome. I'm facing a dilemma. I asked myself this and that, and I'm undergoing a turmoil.








You're probably here to see my 'O' level results.





Here it is:


















English-- B3
Combined Humanities-- A2
Geography-- B3
Mathematics-- D7
Combined Science-- D7
Design and Technology-- A2
Mother Tongue (Chinese)-- B3


L1R5= 20 L1R4= 13





From what I compared with my goals, some have improved, while some dropped.


Ok, let's be realistic. I excel with Humanities and Languages, while I'm weak on Maths and Science.

From the above, I failed Maths and Science.


And guess what, failing Maths and Science shut me off ALL polytechnic courses except for Design courses.

It's a horrible feeling. I've always written in my blog that I wanted to go Singapore Polytechnic, and to join the diving club. But this particular result drove me to a corner. I've once promised myself NEVER to do design in my life, because I'm not in the least interested though I excelled in it.



Things I should be proud of:




1. Being eligible for Junior College (JC) and is one of the top 8 in 5N cohort.

2. Being the first North Vista student to score a distinction for Design and Technology.

3. One of the tops in 5N.

4. One of the best scores for English.

Things I should be ashamed of:

1. Failing Maths, which is a letdown, and letting down some people.

2. Failing Science.

3. Didn't get a distinction for English.

4. Didn't get a distinction for Mother Tongue.



Grrr, I'm feeling so vexed and horrible that I'm crying while writing this post.


I just want to say sorry and thank you to Mrs Yap Ee Ching, Chan Long Wen, Justin Wong Zi Cai, Mr Desmond Chan. I'm really really sorry that I couldn't PASS BLOODY MATHS. Despite all guidance and teachings, I still failed to shine. I'm so sorry.

And to Mr Desmond Chan, thank you for your crash course. It helped me. And I'm really sorry for not getting a distinction.

I'm really useless. I'm such a failure.



The future


There are only 2 roads that I can choose.



1. Appeal to my desired polytechnic for my desired course.
2. Enroll in a Junior College.


My Choice

Most likely Junior College.


I've spoken to several teachers, and majority of them said I should take it. One of the reasons why I'm feeling bad is because I'm surprised that I could even enroll in a JC, and that if I choose this path, it is going to be risky, no-life, horrible life for 2 STRAIGHT YEARS. Of course, I must work very very hard and pay attention, in order to go to university. Big risk, big reward.


I was already expecting myself to go to polytechnic to choose courses. Suddenly, I'm with little options in poly, and the only way is to go JC. I'm really not prepared. Perhaps I should grit my teeth and hang on?





I'm just feeling SO BAD. I still cannot contain my emotions..


(Please note that I'm still deciding so I may not go to JC.)



I don't want to cry in the middle of the night of this damn thing.



PS: Just wanna congrats to all who did well, especially my good buddy Justin Wong Zi Cai! I'm proud of you! And to those who failed, don't despair!

No comments: