Saturday, September 22, 2007

First Leo Club event for me.




I went back to my school today, because there was an event held in our North Canteen, where old people from old folks home came for the Mid-Autumn Event.








It was indeed hard to interact with them, because of the wide age gap, and that my dialect is horrible.















Old folks people from Toa Payoh.









We had to entertain them, and I was intending to ask if they had any children, but I thought it was best not to ask, because they might be ditched by their children.









Anyway, we had a a line of programmes for them.





Singing karaoke.




















An auntie singing a dialect song.


(Please pardon the lines that my camera is producing. It's wearing out after more than a year!)







Guessing game.


I didn't take many photos, because I was busy being a waiter there; serving them drinks and throwing away their finished food.


Then, it was a short tour for them, and the old lady whom I was appointed to had night blindness, and she could walk out of direction because she couldn't see. She was already perspiring all over despite a short walk, and I got worried for her.

Luckily she was alright.


When it was over and they went back to their bus, I looked them in the eye. I think most of them liked the event. Seeing them smile made me feel good, as I thought I manage to shine a light of a lantern out of their lives for a day.


These people had probably been through World War 2, and they are the ones with richful life experiences.



It's not easy to plan such an event, but I do hope they like it.

No comments: