Thursday, September 06, 2007

We are born to serve.

Oh my, I should stop thinking of things that's way beyond me and behave like any 18-year-old people does.





Whenever I follows a bad routine, my mind goes haywire.



I thought of this: Do we live to serve the society?










When I was in Serangoon Junior College, the school's motto is: Discere Servire





It means to Learn, to Serve.





I just didn't like the word Serve, because it feels like being a servant, which doesn't sounds good.






So what does serving means? I've checked the dictionary, and it came up with so many different forms of meanings, that I think the best one is assistance; to help.






Actually, I wanted to blog about how bad living like that is, but I suddenly decide to take a good look at my surroundings.







My monitor, my mouse, my air-conditioner, my speakers, my printer etc, all are made by my fellow people who decided to serve the society. They did research on how to improve things, in order to improve life.















Because human beings are never satisfied with the way they want, and to put it in a magnaminous point of view, we work in order to let the younger generations live more comfortably, but then again, they work to let the even younger ones live better too.





I take a look at myself. I'm using things that are being invented and improved on from the older generations, and I take it for granted.










I guess another fine example is scuba diving. Such a sport only exists, thanks to people who did intensive research on physics and other subjects and made equipments in order to dive.





So I guess we need to serve the community, the society; Mankind.
So I guess if you look life in its broadest sense, it goes to show that we live, work and die, so that Mankind will benefit over the generations. And so, the cycle continues forever.




Let's take it on our stride, and appreciate the loved ones around us, in order to find joy in our life.
And seriously, I sometimes startle myself when I blog about a certain topic with a point of view, then suddenly change to something which I never thought I would thought of.

Hmm..

No comments: