Saturday, February 09, 2008

2008 Chinese New Year Celebrations..

I love Chinese New Year, because it is the most important day of the Chinese Calendar and we celebrate it annually. This year's visit to my relatives' and neighbours house had to cut short for me, while my family members visit them because of those dreaded projects.




Still I had fun over the past 2 days of Chinese New Year. Visits to relatives' house across the East of Singapore, and gobbling of Chinese New Year food such as pineapple tarts, barbequed pork, egg rolls and many more! Getting red packets was the best thing, and with the addition of the annual gambling of blackjack, it never gets old. Really.



I love the reunion dinner with my paternal and maternal side of family. Didn't take many pictures this year with them though.



Those who know me knows that I am your average joe who wears a T-Shirt and jeans almost everyday. It goes the same for Chinese New Year as well. But this year, I decided to experiment with different types of clothes and look. Nearly all my clothes are from a single brand though..



First day of Chinese New Year..






Hood, Striped-Shirt and Slim-Fit jeans..








I look very stern..






Second day of Chinese New Year..








Red shirt with black male cardigan.












Took this while resting.










I think I look like a total different person with this kind of clothing.







Enough of my dressing.






I'm going to talk about my cute cousin..


KAYLEY!







Ever chubby and cute Kayley.







I think Kayley is such a beautiful name and suits her well.












My mom and Kayley..





Grandma and Kayley.. Awww.. she's crying.





Grandpa and Kayley..









My brother and Kayley.











Me, Uncle Ken and her daughter Kayley.








I never dare to carry Kayley because I have a phobia of carrying babies. Anyway, I'm sure she will turn out to be a very fine and beautiful lady when she grows up! I'm going to spoil her with lots of soft toys!






Anyway, here are some photos with my cousins:


Ningning and me..




Xiu Mei sis and me..



Shawn and me..



The whole group photo of cousins.

I'm blessed with good-looking, intelligent and mild-mannered cousins.


I wish that all my family members are blessed in good health in the Year of the Rat!

No comments: