Wednesday, February 27, 2008

bwL HIP 2008.

Last week, I invited Jeremy to go to this particular event called HIP 2008 with me. Initially, I thought it was JJ Lin's concert. In case anyone didn't know, JJ Lin is Singapore's local pop singer whom has enjoyed success around the region.





Jeremy and I.


bwL is a listed company which is involved in the health and wellness industry, and has presence internationally.



I got the tickets free from my mother's colleague, and I thought that since the tickets were free, it probably were some seats located further back.










The information looked like JJ Lin's concert.











I was dead wrong. Once Jeremy and I went into the Suntec Convention Hall 602, we were ushered to the very first row of the 3500 strong of seats when they looked at our tickets. In front of us were directors of bwL, and we were in the VIP area! The event is filled with people all around the world.







People were starting to come in.





We were so close to the stage, that the distance was only like 5 metres.






Awardees taking pictures..






The awardees of bwL onstage with the founders.





I also saw Triston, who was one of the official photographers for the event. We were surprised to see each other.






And so the entertainment begins!








The opening was this guy doing some lip-syncing with his dancers..
















Another dance group..











Along the way, they gave out awards to million dollar achievers, and some stretched up to $50 million!



Anyway...






This performance by these performers were one of the best, and they could change masks in a split second.









And now for the much-hyped JJ Lin's performances! He sang more than 6 songs, some of them includes Jiang Nan, Sarang Haeyo, Westside, and The Mummy. I must say I'm really proud of this homegrown singer, and he sang live REALLY WELL!
















He sings..
















He dances..












And he flips!










How bout singing with a light sabre that looked like it came from Star Wars?








Playing the piano while singing.











The ending part..









JJ Lin shaking hands with us..








I must say that overall the event is great, because they used suitable songs for every performance, and I've learned some things and broadened my perspective of things. I never regret attending such an event.




I've recorded some videos of JJ Lin performing some of his songs and the magic mask performance. I'll upload them here soon!

1 comment:

He is still good said...

Hi, I'm Ruth, and I just stumbled upon your blog and realised you took a picture of JJ's Star Wars lookalike light saber. Just curious, was it presented to him during the BWL event or did he just whipped it out from thin air? If you happen to know please do tell cuz it's pretty important. Thanks. =)