Sunday, February 17, 2008

Going on to Year 2..

The second semester has finished, and I'm most likely promoted to second year of my tertiary education.


At first glance, I didn't thought I could make it. My drawing and painting skills were incorrigible. It was very difficult for me. Concerned people asked how I was faring, and I said nothing positive.


I got a terrible GPA score of 2.1, but I'm sure it will improve this year.


In my first year, I've seen a fair share of ugly and good personalities. My class, which is made up of students from all walks of life, is very interesting. I appreciate each and everyone, but I've changed.


I became cynical. I had this level of cynicism and I don't know why I felt this way. Must classmates be classmates? Can we be friends? Or are we just like animals in the jungle waiting to slice each other's throat for food in the future?


Competitiveness is part of human nature, but why does it play such a big part? It exposes the ugly side of Mankind, showing what Mankind is capable of doing in order to win.


I'm not referring to anyone, and I don't bear any grudges with any of my classmates. I just had this cynical mindset in me. I feel insecure. And I'm still trying to change. And as I proceed to Year 2, I hope I can bond with even more classmates, and understand them better.


As Year 2 approaches in around 2 months time, I hope I have better time management, and do better in the endless assignments.

No comments: