Saturday, May 10, 2008

Community service in Cambodia..

I've just taken the interview today for the trip to Cambodia. It is community service, and the purpose is to teach the orphan kids English, basic computer skills and painting their classrooms.

The cost is more than $1k, but after subsidaries from Nanyang Polytechnic and Edusave, I don't really have to spend a single cent. And I'm going there for 16 days.

I don't know whether I will be selected for the chosen 16, but all along I've been wishing to go to such countries and help them because I think I take things around me for granted easily, and I believe this trip will change my personal views about life and have a huge impact on me.

My mother don't really want me to go, but I'll talk to her about it. I think it's a life-time opportunity and I've been in my comfort zone for too long.


Most importantly, I think I'll be more humble, and really understand the meaning of contention. But everything's still kinda early. I still need to think thoroughly.

No comments: