Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stardust 2008 finals and Yan Rong..

Jun Ping and I went to Stardust finals yesterday which was located at The Arena, and of course I was there to support Yan Rong. It was also the first time I visited a pub.




Yan Rong and I..



The first few contestants were pretty okay, but I like this female contestant who sang Kelly Clarkson's Because Of You.



Anyway, Yan Rong was singing a song called Shi Lian Wu Zui (失戀無罪) by A-Lin, and being the only contestant to sing a mandarin song, I thought it was applaudable and courageous.
Her performance was one of the best in the solo category and I'm not joking. Take a look at her performance:








She sang with much gusto and attitude and with the song and voice, she completely blew the audience away. The only negative thing was she didn't connect the audience well enough. But her singing wins hands down, not forgetting she completely owned the song! Super awesome!

What's more, the song and its original singer was quite unknown to the audience, and I could hear people saying "What song is that?", but with this performance, I believe she brought wider attention and publicity for the song itself.

I'm so proud of her.


You know what's the most shocking thing in the finals? Yan Rong didn't win any of the Top 3 in the solo category and I thought it was quite ridiculous.

People will question my credibility and biasness in my comments because they will think I say so because Yan Rong is my friend. But I can assure that given her performance, she should be at least in the Top 3, and the audience will very much agree with me.



To Yan Rong: Though you didn't win anything, I'm sure we friends will support you all the way! Your performance didn't disappoint us, and we know you did your best. You'll soar to greater heights with more competitions! Congratulations on your awesome performance!


On the sidetrack, Tyron is competing with the best dancers in Singapore at Scape* Cineleisure, and I hope he'll do well!

No comments: