Thursday, May 22, 2008

Optima, The Optimum Choice.

I rarely post up my design works, but I'll post this one up.


This project is to promote fonts to designers so that they'll use them often. This is a Typography project, and to those who doesn't know what's Typography, it is the art and design of fonts of every language. The words you're looking at is also considered Typography.


So I randomly picked Optima in a lucky draw.


My concept was to make Optima font as an expensive brand, and to design a chocolate box as a gift to people. And the target audience was for young designers and classy people. The rationale behind it was that these people will admire the design first before eating the chocolates..

Starting off from the chocolates..


Vanhouten chocolates...




and I packaged them into...




Tadah!



After alot of money and time wasted with processes and mock-up, here's the final end product of Optima Chocolate Box!



Front View.




Top cover view.





Overall view. I think the cutting mat spoils the whole image.






Macro view..




Another macro view.




I spent so many hours doing them, and I was really really tired. I board the bus today after school and I just dozed off all the way till the bus interchange. And guess what?


After the bus uncle parked his vehicle, he realise I was still in the bus ALONE and he tapped me to wake me up. How embarassing is that? And it's my first time in such a situation!


Once I reach home, I slept for an hour before forcing myself to wake up to do more schoolwork.


I'm really furious that my precious 2 weeks break is going to be interfered by a new Typography project. Why can't people understand the TRUE DEFINITION of the word "HOLIDAY". I'm praying that there won't be other modules to interfere as well.




Oh and by the way, do give comments on my Optima product if possible. Thanks!

No comments: