Monday, May 12, 2008

A whirlpool of thoughts.

As lucky as I can get, I really got chosen as one of the 16 people to go Cambodia, out of around 50 people.

I'm having a mixture of feelings, because it is in my 2-month break and this community project is taking 16 days. It means I cannot work for 16 days, which I can earn like $700? What I might plan to do is to work during the weekends or holidays to compensate for the project.

That's because there's a 50:50 chance that I'll organise a diving trip again, and that costs money as well.

I'm not lying when I say I'm pretty worried to go to Cambodia, but I think it's because I have been in my comfort zone for all these years. Now that I'm going to do community work in a foreign country for 16 days, the feeling is kinda different.

There's a part of me which don't want me to go, while there's another part of me which wants to help orphans and gain experience.

Then, there's this factor that my parents don't want me to go. Sigh, I'm still considering.

Ah, I should stop here.

Today's a special day for 3 of my friends; Chu Xiang, Jun Ping and Heng Thye! Happy Birthday!

No comments: