Saturday, April 23, 2005

Tonight was an unforgettable night. It was my swan's performance (Last performance) for this year. Well, I came back to school in the afternoon to do some choir-related things.. Let's cut things short and go straight to Speech Day. Well, Ms Elim Chew was the Guest-Of-Honour of the year. She was probably the most down-to-earth GOH that I've ever known. As the managing director and founder of 77th Street, she let us watch some breakdancing. She talked and I was listening attentively. What she said had really make sense. After that, she gave out 77th Street vouchers to people who came up on stage. It meant that no matter what items you buy in any 77th Street chain stores, it only costs $5. Very cool indeed. Of course, many people took it.. I was kinda surprised that Feng Wei went up to take it. The voucher was certainly attractive. But I didn't want to take. After that, she talked about the 3 types of people, opportunities and so on. When it was the Prize-Giving ceremony, I was kinda happy and nervous. When I went up on stage, she smiled at me and I smiled back. She said: "Waa, your English so good. Keep it up." I immediately replied: Thanks. It's my honour to meet you. We smiled again and received the prize from her and shook hands and I gave her a light bow before bowing a Japanese bow towards the audience. I had a very good impression of Ms Chew. After walking down the stage, I went to the lecture room to prepare for singing. Choir was the first to go on stage and we recieved loud clappings from the audience. We sang Resonemus Laudibus and Potong Padi respectively. It was nice. But I was sweating all over. It went to my eyes and my mouth.. Yeah, disgusting you may say, but we performers need to have stage manners.. So I couldn't wipe it off. Something interesting happened. When finishing the last song, immediately after we sang "Pa-di!" A balloon bursts and caused a loud noise. It was perfect timing indeed. Too coincidental. It sparked off a loud round of applause. After performing, we went to the AVA room.. Well, it was very sad. Alot of choristers were crying because the sec 4s were leaving.. Tonight was the last performance of the sec 4s. Yeah, we cut the cake, took alot of pictures.. Most of the girls were crying and some of the boys too.. I was crying in my heart but I didn't want to show it out. I hugged alot of my choir mates.. We were quite sad.. It was like a sad atmosphere.. But after that, we thank Mr Francis Liew and the teachers.. And we ate the packet of dinner they provided. After that, all of us went home.. I was wearing my choir costume.. Oh god, I was in the centre of attraction in the public.. Gosh.. How I wish I could teleport back home. Anyway, I asked the feedback of some of my friends and they said the choir did a very good job. The songs were nice but they did not understood what we were singing. It's ok.. at least you guys enjoyed the performance.. :) Some even said they could hear my voice loud and clear.. even though they were far.. Hehe I am so happy tonight.. Alright, I am feeling very tired.. Gotta stop here.. God bless and take care..Thanks for reading.


I would like to thank the following:

Mr Francis Liew
Mdm Tay
Mdm Wee
Mrs Lee
And a chinese teacher-in-charge of choir.
The choristers..and alot more and those whom I knew. My swan's performance wouldn't be successful without you guys help. Thanks alot. Oh, I really hope to meet Ms Elim Chew again. She's a good role model. Well, for her entreprenial success of course! =)


OH, THANKS A MILLION FOR READING! =D

No comments: