Thursday, May 24, 2007

What's with the lecturers?

Great, I spent 4 hours of my precious life cutting one material, only to be shown from the lecturer as a bad model to the class.


And guess what? Another lecturer told me I need to redo my colour wheel and that it's terrible. I am fine with that, except that she told me in front of more than 60 people in the lecture room. Of course, people look at me.

I don't think she really meant it, but I feel she could handle it better.


Especially to the first incident which I talked about cutting the material, I feel it isn't appropiate to show the whole class my artefact as a bad example. Think about it. You put in the effort and time, and yet it is compared with others.

And it's not as if I am ashamed of my project. I thought there wasn't anything much wrong with it except for some errors here and there. Sure I may be wrong. It may be consider as a bad example to the lecturer, and that he wants to show it to the class as an example, so that people won't follow it.

But I stand firm believing he should asked for my permission before showing it. It is basic respect. Grr, so indignant.



And today, I had one lecturer involved in a conversation with me:


Me: Hmm, that eraser is mine.
Lecturer: Don't step on mines. They are explosive.
Me: ......




In an irrelevant note, I just feel that I shouldn't be so outgoing and fun as I am. People think I am like that, so they may think I am fine with teasing. I can be fun and outgoing at times, but I get emotional and tend to keep to myself. I have both sides: Quiet and emotional. Fun and outgoing. I hope they understand this, and that there is a limit to everyone's tolerance, and I am no exception.


Who do I count on when I am feeling low, indignant, and have no mood and the interest to do/redo my assignments?

No comments: