Monday, April 10, 2006

Golden Jubilee Concert. An Unforgettable Night.

Yesterday was an unforgettable night. It was North Vista's 50th birthday, and the North Vista Performing Arts, namely Choir, Band, Chinese Dance, Modern Dance and Drama, performed at the grandest stage of them all, the University Cultural Centre (UCC) at the National University of Singapore (NUS).


We performed for 2 shows: The Matinee Show and The Gala Concert.


Everyone had to be there by 7am..


Finally we reached UCC and practised another rehearsal before getting ready for The Matinee Show.



And it's finally time to get ready!




Adjusting ties and looking good.




And what's performing without make-up?


Putting some make-up..






Putting some gloss on the lips..



It was extremely disgusting because of the extra layer that I felt on my lips. Yuck! Also, Mrs Stephanie Wong applied blusher on our face, and she put so much into my face, and mine look so red! But it's all for the concert..


And suddenly, my narcississm was acting up.






The presence of narcississm.



The Matinee Show

Finally, it was time to perform. And I tell you, the feeling was so great, especially the opening. When Corinne went out to sang solo, the audience was clapping and cheering as if they were on ecstasy. Then, it was Jason who was the first solo using his saxophone, and people were also cheering. By then, the curtains went up, and I tell you, the lighting was perfect. The Band and Choir had combined with the song, Over the Rainbow.


After that, the Choir sang and dance with their 2 songs; La Musica (pronounced as La Moo-sica) and Let's celebrate life. My brother said it was so nice, he gave it a rating of 9/10. Mr Francis Liew, our Choir conductor said that the Sec 4NAs were surprised and went "Waaaaa" when they saw us dancing. I guess people expected us to sing still. However, with our repititve moves, we did an incredibly job, and it was a wonderful start for the Matinee Show. People said they could feel the beat and the microphone picked up the voices beautifully.


After finishing the song, we rested for like 3 hours, before rehearsing for the finale again.



The Gala Concert


It was our final performance, and everyone made sure we done our best. Again, the opening was done by Band and Choir, with Corinne as the soloist, singing Over the Rainbow. Everyone showed enthusiasm and sang our hearts out. Perfect.






Fascinating. Magnificent.





And then, it was our 2 songs again. The choristers sang with gusto, with every expression and move deliberately, to be professionals on stage, performing for the audience.





I'm the one from the 3rd row from extreme right, last row.





Dancing to the beat.


P.S: Thanks to Julianna for these photos!



We finished the performance with excitement.


Before the finale, some of us cried, including me, when the Band played the Blue Ridge Saga, which moved me to tears. We were sad that it was the last performance for us before stepping down. During the finale, we sang a Happy Birthday song to North Vista, and sang the School Song. For the first time ever, I took the lyrics of our school song to heart, singing it with pride.


Then, the balloons were released and I tell you, the weird audience were bursting the balloons one by one..


The Golden Jubilee Concert was finally brought to an end. The finale was successfully well done.

What a night!




And these are the pictures we took:







Qi Xun and I.. He's so cute!



Speaking of Qi Xun, here's a startling fact about him which we found out during the concert..





Look at his tongue! Oh my!


And he's not the only one. This girl can do it too!





So cute!







Jason, Chee Wei and I.







Beauties and the beast!







Mr Chin and I. He's leaving to Australia to pursue his Masters.. Sob..





Xiao Wei and I.






Sylvia and I.







Rebecca and I.





Felicia and I.







Mrs Stephanie Wong and I.





Corinne and I. Boy, do we look like a couple!






Sheena and I.







Samuel and I acting cute..






Say cheese!




Charlton and I.





Mr Francis Liew and I.







Whoa!






What a night! And to all the people who put in pious effort into the concert, it was appreciated!

No comments: